5 Best Ways To Ramp Up Your Mobile Marketing
Written by: Syed Balkhi February 26th, 2020
Are you on track to creating marketing strategies just for mobile? Today, there are 5.11 billion unique mobile users in the world. Mobile phones are affordable, convenient to use, and, well, mobile! Meaning that more and more interactions are going to happen on your audience's phones than their desktop computers.
You need to get in the game and focus on your mobile marketing to get more engagement and drive conversions.
It's important to remember that people interact with their phones differently. Mobile platforms offer tremendous opportunities to win customers but they also come with challenges. You can't approach marketing on mobile the same way as you do marketing for your desktop website.
The unique features that mobile phones offer means that you have to understand what works and what doesn't. Let's look at a few key ways that you can ramp up your business's mobile website experience to improve your marketing outcomes.
Boost Your Site Speed
Improving your mobile site speed is very likely the most important step you can take to support your mobile marketing efforts. Over 40% of users will abandon a site if it takes more than 3 seconds to load. Improving your site speed will create benefits in two significant ways:
- Improved user experience: Visitors will stay on your site longer and have a better experience when your site is quick to load and navigate
- Better SEO: Search engines prefer to give users websites that create a positive experience. A longer load time does not meet users' expectations and as a result, it also affects site ranking. You can boost your mobile site SEO by simply improving the load time
Here are a few easy ways you can manage your mobile site's speed.
- Start by testing your current mobile site speed. You can use free tools to test site speed and learn if you have any load time issues
- Bring down the size of your site page weight or overall size to less than 1000kb
- Reduce image sizes and remove carousels
Improving your mobile site speed will ensure the success of your mobile marketing. Make it a priority and keep testing it over time.
Write Content for Mobile
Since mobile screens are smaller, reading content on them can strain the eye. It's essential to optimize your content and make it easier for people to consume it. You can optimize your website for mobile phones with a few key changes.
- Break text into small paragraphs consisting of 3-4 sentences
- Use conversational or a casual way of speaking that is easy to read and engages people
- Structure your content using headings, bullet points, and number lists so that it is easy to scan content
- Create more video content as it is easy to consume on a mobile screen and is very engaging
Optimize for Voice Search
Along with the content suggestions just mentioned, you need to optimize your mobile site content for voice search. People use voice search and voice commands to interact with their mobile phones. Getting your site to appear as a result for specific voice queries will boost traffic and conversions to a greater degree. Here are a few ways you can build content for voice search.
- Provide information such as store timings, location, store holidays, and other business details. People often look for location-specific and local information when using their phones. Adding appropriate business information helps search engines to pull up the answers when such queries are made.
- Answer questions and create an FAQ page. Your audience will ask questions and expect clear and specific answers when they use voice search to get information. Your website can appear as a result if you provide helpful answers to user questions related to your business or industry.
- When writing answers or creating content, keep it to fewer than 30 words as it's the ideal number of words when giving an answer.
- Use long-tail keywords and phrases in your mobile content. This is because people will use a natural way of speaking and will express their queries as full questions. Your answers need to be prepared to answer such questions and should include relevant long-tail keywords
In these ways, you'll have your content optimized to bring in more engagement, traffic, and better search rankings.
Leverage Social Media Stories
Stories on social media are said to be the first true content format that's created for the mobile phone. They are short videos or images that people create – adding emojis, text, and hashtags. Stories last for just 24 hours and then they disappear, making it a way to share more personal and interesting information.
The vertical format is engaging and popular with users on social media, especially the newer generations.
Stories generate high levels of engagement and many brands today use it as a regular part of their social media marketing.
When creating stories, it's important to focus on building a relationship than promoting yourself. Your content should not be over-promotional and instead, should offer users entertaining and helpful information.
Use Call-to-Action Buttons
People are prone to make mistakes in typing and navigating when interacting with mobile sites. You can boost user experience and improve engagement by giving people the ability to perform actions with minimal effort.
Add call-to-action buttons as a way to help your site visitors use your pages easily. If you've listed your phone number, add a button that allows users to call you with one click. Include share buttons with your posts and add visible call-to-action buttons to subscribe. Create simple registration forms and sign up buttons that allow people to sign up to your membership site.
In short, help people to minimize the number of steps they have to take to accomplish a task on mobile. You can also improve user-experience by adding wallets to make the checkout process on your website faster.
Grow Your Business with Better Mobile Marketing
The widespread use of mobile phones and platforms gives your business many opportunities to engage your audience. It's vital to create content and leverage the right features and platforms that cater especially to mobile. Use the tips given here to give your mobile marketing a boost in the right direction, and you'll see great returns over time.
Article reposted on Markethive by Jeffrey Sloe
Visit MarketHive to learn more: http://markethive.com/jeffreysloe